The Global Justice Program is sponsored by the Savage Endowment. The goal of the Program, is to inspire students to develop the ability to use reason to help prevent violence and hate in personal, national, and international affairs.
Carlton Savage, the Program’s benefactor, hoped that the Endowment would allow the University to “become a major center for the study of international relations and peace, influencing students to come to the University who are interested in the cause of peace” (Memorandum, p.3.).
- Bringing outstanding people to visit and speak at the University.
- Sponsoring related faculty and student research projects
- Fostering and establishing long lasting relationships with universities, institutions, and other similar organizations.
The Global Justice Program currently sponsors four distinct signature programs at the University of Oregon, each of which is related to ethics and human rights. For more information about these programs click here.
- Carnegie Global Oregon
- The Genocide Prevention Initiative
- The Oregon-Oxford International Human Rights Project